The following video is a promotion stunt (and record attempt) where they try to build in house in under 2 hours. Check it out to see if you find any references towards project management.
Did you notice anything?
- Two Teams : Some healthy competition to speed things up, but also a group of people who act as a team.
- Preparation : The execution might take two hours, but this was only possible to a lot of planning (and practice => experience)
- Referees : The quality controllers who make sure that despite the constraint of time, the quality will meet the requirements
- Task List : It’s like an ant farm out there, yet nobody interferes with each other. Everyone knows what, how & when they should do to make sure the team achieves success.
- The Clock : Making sure everyone knows the actual status about the remaining time.
- Closure : The clock stops when the house is ready… and then they celebrate. The project leader will review everything for quality, but also to get the needed “lesson’s learned”.
- … : Maybe you’ll spot some more?