Last week Lifehacker published a nice article with their Top 10 Conversation Hacks:
- 10. Feign sincerity with eye contact and repetition.
- 9. End a conversation with body language.
- 8. Ask sensitive questions indirectly to skip awkwardness.
- 7. Use silence to win arguments and nail a negotiation.
- 6. Soften critiques with the sandwich method.
- 5. Say “no” gently—or say “yes, but….”
- 4. Ask questions well.
- 3. De-code office jargon.
- 2. “Pace and lead” an irate person.
- 1. Become a human lie detector.
Check out the original article for the more detailled descriptions.