When I was working on the “CSV import” of VMchooser, I noticed that long jobs sometimes had issues. After some investigation, it quickly became apparent that I was hitting the time-out. So I had a need to increase it…
Logic Apps Time-out = 2 minutes
As a bit of back story, I first started off with my async parsing flow by using the combination of logic apps & functions. Where I at first thought it was due to the time-out on the functions side, it actually appeared to be on the logic apps side. And that one cannot be changed…
Azure Functions Time-out
So I browsed the web, and encountered two variables, which I both set on my platform ;
To reach set these, click on your functions bar (“kvaesvmapi” here), then “Platform Features”, and then “Application Settings” ;
But let’s get back to the variables… From various posts I saw these two popping up. Where I set them both to be safe, I started investigating a bit. The first one ;
WEBJOBS_IDLE_TIMEOUT – Time in seconds after which we’ll abort a running triggered job’s process if it’s in idle, has no cpu time or output (Only for triggered jobs).
This is actually the one you need for your function. As it’s clearly described in the kudu docs. Where the second one apparently is only related to the deployment phase; hence the “SCM_”-prefix.
Set the “WEBJOBS_IDLE_TIMEOUT” in your “Application Settings” ;
And don’t be distracted by the “SCM_COMMAND_IDLE_TIMEOUT”. 😉