Logic+Emotion featured an article called Visualizing Chris Anderson’s “Free” Model.
- Free 1 : Kinda like the concept often used by Telecom operators. Buy a subscription and get the mobile phone for free. (Too bad this concept isn’t allowed by law in Belgium…. “Koppelverkoop”)
- Free 2 : The concept where the whole web 2.0 is running towards… Offer something for free to your community, but let an external party pay for their “subscription” by means of advertising.
- Free 3 : Shareware meets web 2.0… Get a limited version for free, but pay for the premium version.
You might also want to read the original article…
Working with an ad network gives you certain advantages:
- They take care of the advertisers. Which enables you to have more time to work on your website, or whatever…
- The money generated from all the advertisers comes as a bundled payment. This is more friendly on the expenses of your (bank) transactions.
- Most (if not all) ad networks provide a clean interface where you can see the statistics about your sites & ad programs.
- Networks want their publishers to generate revenue (as they take commision), so they are (mostly) very helpful in supporting your stake.
Continue reading “Interesting AdNetworks for European publishers”