With the statement “Scalable and secure entry point for fast delivery of your global applications”, Azure Front Door (Service) saw the lights of dawn! The features it promises to bring to the table?
- SSL offload and application acceleration at the edge close to end users
- Global HTTP load balancing with instant failover
- Actionable insights about your users and back ends
- Application firewall and DDoS protection
- Central control plane for traffic orchestration
My first thought was… Does this fill the gap where I’m currently leveraging CloudFlare for my personal deployments? So today’s post will be to see what the process of creating the service looks like in real life!
Let’s take it for a spin!
After browsing through the marketplace, we select the “Azure Front Door” and press the button to create one. Here I must say that the configuration flow here is a pleasant surprise. First we enter the “basics”…