Today’s post will be on how I see the smoothest way to do prototyping & hobby projects in regards to IoT. What is my main principle in deciding this? I only want to spend time on “business logic” and not waste time on the nuts & bolts of the engine.
So what’s the architecture we’ll be using for this?
- Device : Particle Photon + Grove Expansion Board + Grove Sensors (Temperature & Air Quality )
- Particle Platform : Used for the development
- Azure IoT Hub : Basically a 1:1 link with Particle, which will take over once we go to a production grade setup.
- Azure Stream Analytics : Streaming the ingest data from our IoT Hub towards our various landing zones.
- Azure CosmosDB : For storing the data we’ll use in our reports.
- Azure Storage Account : Cheap storage where we keep all the data we collected, and which we could use for our analytics.
- PowerBI : The make nice reports of the data we collected. 😉
Now let’s delve into these parts one by one!
Continue reading “IoT Prototyping in Azure with Particle & Grove”